Sunday, June 21, 2009

Speedy Baked Beans

Husband made burgers last night! One of my favorite burger accompaniments is baked beans, and I thought Betty would have some good recipes.

Turned out I was right! I made some Speedy Baked Beans, and I hate to say it, but they out-shined the hamburgers (although that was my fault. I bought those pre-formed patties that are guaranteed to disappoint. They're just so convenient!) . I thought we would have leftover beans for lunch the next day, but we just scarfed 'em down. Oh well. Sorry for the lack of picture in this post, but by the time I remembered to take one, the beans were gone!

Recipe below, in my own words


Speedy Baked Beans

Ingredients:

4 strips of bacon, diced
1 large onion, minced
1 large can of baked beans
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup chili sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Saute bacon and onions till bacon is crisp and onions are translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 1 1/2 qt casserole, and bake 1 hour or until beans are brown and bubbly. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment